- Interactivity & communication is a dynamic, two-way flow of information. Thus these two core elements highly relate to each other and are amongst the basic methods of training.
- It provides an exchange of ideas where both participants, whether human or machine are active and can have an effect on one another. Interactivity is rooted in basic communication which can be shown through gesture, touch and body language. These were the earliest forms of communication.
- Interest in interactive communication has grown with the increase in realization of its importance and effectiveness in the process of training especially in ESP.
training is based on the main principles of the theory of adult learning and
helps get the participants involved and make the educational process more
different methods of interactive training is more effective than applying a
single method, which may work for some people and be unacceptable to others.
Digesting information is more effective when participants are given the
opportunity to: hear, see, ask questions, take part in a role play, read, write
and work with others therefore interactions occur among the learners.
learn in different ways and use different means of receiving information. By
presenting knowledge in various ways in using diverse methods of training,
hence we are able to meet the needs of the learners/participants.
- Training is also more effective if its outcomes can be applied within the
context of the setting or the everyday life of the training participants. So that is when interaction can be applied
into the teaching and learning process of ESP between both the teachers and
also the students.
- The interactivity in the learning process not only benefits the trainers and trainees by bonding and for a better understanding but also spreads positive vibes which allows the process of learning to become more smoothly.
Communication in ESP training
and interaction is the basic tool for the process of acquiring knowledge. It
enables us to send information to others, to interpret facts, opinions and
views, and to express ourselves. Communication can alternately attract the
interest of the participants of ESP training.
- Today, influenced by
development of technology as well as any other sciences, it is also a medium
towards enabling a better platform for information and communication
technologies as well as a tool of modern teaching aids. The ICT development
modifies the English for Specific Purposes (ESP) teaching under the present-day
- Various creative methods of expanding students’ ESP learning can be done using the basic tools for communication and knowledge in the context of ICT. There are many ways of using authentic texts and proceed with innovative methods of ESP building such as using the Internet as an extremely diverse source of activities as well as emphasize the advantages and challenges of presentations and project-based learning. The framework of ICT offers numerous integrated and interactive materials and creative ways of vocabulary building
Interactivity & communication in ESP training
- It is well known that
English is amongst one the core international languages used worldwide to communicate;
therefore in ESP training the process of learning will be incomplete without
both interaction and communication between both trainers and its learners.
interaction and communication are combined, these techniques have multiple
benefits; the instructor can easily and quickly assess their students, measure
students understanding practically rather than just on paper and they are also
actively participating with one another. Students are revived from their
passivity of merely listening to a lecture and instead become attentive and
engaged, two prerequisites for effective learning. These techniques are often
perceived as “fun”, yet they are frequently more effective than lectures at
enabling student learning.
- There are many
creative ways in which one can provide an effective ESP training and without
the occurrence of interaction and communication, it will be a dull process of
learning. Among the range of methods are such as assigning the students into
groups which needs them to cooperate and actively participate with one another
as well as motivates the students to explore to learn new things.
- As students acquire
more academic knowledge, experience and skills, when they become more confident
in using the language which leads to the development of intellectual and social
skills and help to prepare students for a work world in which teamwork and
- Consequently, these two elements are powerful two way process and that is why interactivity and communication are amongst the main effective fundamentals of ESP training.
TeachingAndLearningResources/ CourseDesign/Assessment/ content/101_Tips.pdf